Haven't had time to post yet today, went up by the river so have been there all afternoon :) Made a healthier version of oat and raisin cookies this morning which are actually vegan. They do not have any sugar in so are not overly sweet but are a very nutritious and filling breakfast or snack! They are lovely served with a mocha or a banana soy shake blended with a spoonful of peanutbutter :). If any of you were wondering I am not vegan, although I am not big on eating eggs and I prefer the taste of soya milk to cows milk so many of the recipes I post will be vegan or easily adaptable to be, meaning everyone can enjoy them! The recipe makes 12 cookies.
- 2 medium bananas (The riper the better)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 75 g raisins
- 40 g sunflower seeds
- 50 g plain flour
- 75 g porridge oats
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the over to 180 and coat a baking tray with grease proof paper
- Mash up the bananas in a bowl, add all the other ingredients and mix together.
- Measure out into 12 even sized balls (An icecream scoop is easiest to use as the mixture is quite wet)
- Flatten out with the back of a spoon and bake for 10-12 minutes
- Take out the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Enjoy, cassidy xx
And here's some pics from today :)