The recipe I am sharing tonight is marinated tofu served with noodles, you may think you have a fear of tofu but hopefully this will change your mind! Before you can marinate the tofu you have to press it to get the water out. To do this you need two chopping boards, kitchen roll and a heavy pan. Put one chopping board down and line it with kitchen roll, then the tofu pieces, another layer of kitchen roll, the second chopping board and finally the pan on top to weigh it down. So it should look like a odd sandwich with tofu in the middle. This should be left 30-60 minutes depending on your time frame and when the kitchen roll is completely soaked through it should be replaced. But seriously, if you're thinking to yourself 'I hate tofu' then you have to try this! I have never been that keen on tofu before but this was so tasty, I will definitely be making it again!!What you will need:
- Two chopping boards
- Kitchen roll
- Heavy pan
- Baking tray
- Large marinating dish (or two smaller ones)
- BBQ sauce (enough to cover tofu)
- Tofu (drained and cut into chunks)
- Noodle nests (1 per person)
- Broccoli (can be frozen)
- Cashew nuts (chopped)
- Light Soy Sauce
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil/ spray
2. Pour the bbq sauce into a dish big enough to fit the tofu and coat in the sauce.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 200'c.
4. Place the tofu pieces onto a greased baking tray and cook for 20 mins (Do not throw the remaining sauce away).
5.Turn the tofu over, brush with the remaining bbq sauce and bake for another 20 mins.
6.Meanwhile boil the broccoli and noodles according to the noodle packet instructions and fry the courgette in a pan with the cashew nuts.
7. Serve up the noodles with the veg, drizzle with lemon juice & soy sauce and serve on a plate with the tofu pieces.
8. Enjoy! Cassidy xx