Rustled this up as a quick lunch today and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! The cauliflower soup has a very smooth texture and delightful flavour, but do not be fooled by it's appearance as it may go slightly green/brown once blended.
- 1 Cauliflower head, broken into florets
- 1 onion, chopped (I used red)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 veggie stock cubes
- 700ml boiling water
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute the onion in a large pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes, then remove the bay leaf.
- I found the best way to blend this soup if you do not have a jug blender is to take the cauliflower out of the liquid and blend with the hand blender until smooth, then to stir as much liquid as you need back in.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Enjoy! Cassidy xx