Thought I'd try a cauliflower sauce seeing as everyone seems to be making things with cauliflower this summer, and I have to say it came out pretty well!
- 1 Cauliflower head, broken into florets
- 1 Cup boiling water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 veggie stock
- 6 closed cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 broccoli head, broken into florets
- 75g wholewheat pasta, per person
- 1tsp oil
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan and saute the garlic.
- Add in the cauliflower and pour the water & stock cube over (it wont fully cover).
- Start boiling the pasta, will take 10 minutes
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Fry the mushrooms in a pan with 1 tsp of oil.
- Add the brocolli to a bowl with 1/2 cup water and steam for 5 mins in the microwave.
- Blend up the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the sauce with the pasta & veg and enjoy! Cassidy xx