This next dish is very similar to one I have posted before; it is my signature sauce with rice and is incredibly tasty! My best friend loved this dish and she is usually so fussy with what she eats so it must be good! I think that food is much more than just food. It is a passion, it brings people together, allows everyone to share an experience. Food isn't just about taste, it's about how many of the senses can be incorporated and what memories it brings into mind. Although not always possible, try to make time to cook and to sit down with family/friends to eat. Share the experience and learn to work together.
For the sauce:
400g tin of tomatoes
200ml plain or soya yogurt
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp tomato puree
salt and pepper (to taste)
Rest of the dish:
wholegrain rice (75g per person)
2 small courgettes
10 closed cup mushrooms
1 handful sweetcorn (frozen)
- Start boiling the rice - will take about 30 mins
- Cut the mushrooms & courgette into small chunks and start to fry in a pan.
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a food processor and blend together until smooth and creamy
- After the veggies have been cooking for 10-15 mins, add the sweetcorn and the sauce and warm through
- When the rice is cooked, drain and add to the sauce. Stir together and serve.
- Enjoy! Cassidy xx