This next recipe is one that my mum came across and shared with me, which I have slightly adapted. Instead of the usual fattening and unhealthy mac 'n' cheese that everyone loves, this is made with a pea sauce which is packed with flavour and very good for you. A great meal to be made in a hurry as the sauce can be pulled together while the pasta is cooking and then it is just serving it up. It may not look the most attractive but it makes up for it in taste!
What you need:
75g wholewheat pasta (per person)
1 1/2 cups frozen peas (per person)
1/2 veggie stock cube
1 clove garlic (crushed)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Cheese or vegan cheese (to serve)
- Boil the pasta for 10-12 minutes
- Put the peas in a large microwavable bowl with 2 tbsp water and the 1/2 stock cube and cook on full power for 5 mins
- Add the garlic to the bowl and blend with a hand blender until some parts are smooth (leave some texture)
- If you do not have a hand blended then use a food processor or a potato masher
- Drain the pasta, add into the bowl of peas and mix together, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve up, sprinkle with cheese (optional) and enjoy! Cassidy xx