These burgers are a slight adaptation from a BBC good food recipe which I served up with sweet potato fries. I used dried chickpeas in this recipe which usually need to soak overnight. A quick way to soak them is by boiling the chickpeas for 2 minutes, then taking off the heat and leaving to soak for an hour. After the hour bring them back to the boil and cook for a further 60 minutes.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and cook for 10 minutes in the microwave.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and cook the mushroom, garlic and red onion for 5 mins. Mix in the curry paste and lemon juice & cook for 2 mins.
- Cut the potatoes into chip sized pieces, place on a baking tray and grill on medium until slightly crispy.
- Use a potato masher or hand blender to mash the chickpeas in a bowl, leaving a few chunky pieces. Add the mushroom mix and 1 tbsp mango chutney, then shape into 4 patties. Fry in the remaining oil for 3-4 mins on each side until crisp and browned.
- Mix the yogurt with the cumin, place this and the mango chutney onto the plate.
- Serve up the burgers & fries and enjoy! Cassidy xx