If you're looking for a really simple and tasty dinner then stuffed mushrooms are a great choice. If you are in a real hurry then 2 minute microwave rice can be used and the dish pulled together in 15 mins although i prefer cooking the rice fresh. This dish is packed with flavour and was thoroughly enjoyed!
- 2 large mushrooms, per person (Peeled)
- 75g wholegrain rice, per person
- 1 veggie stock
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- goats cheese, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the rice in 1.5 litres of water (do NOT use a lid) and add the stock cube to the pan, should take about 30 minutes.
- When the rice has been cooking for 20 mins, grill the mushrooms on a medium heat for 5 minutes
- The rice should absorb all the water but if it doesn't then you can drain some away.
- Mix in the tomatoes and cheese to the rice and stuff on top of the mushroom cups, grill for a further 5 mins (There will be some rice left which you can plate up without a mushroom).
- Serve up with some corn on the cob or veg of your choice.
- Enjoy! Cassidy xx