This risotto was super tasty and I will definitely be making again! Of you think that you do not like Brussels sprouts, this will make you think again, they are a perfect balance of flavour along with the creamy rice!
- 3 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/4 cups wholegrain rice
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 heaped tbsp plain soy yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- 10-15 brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
Method:1. Sauté the onion and garlic in a pan with 1/2 of the butter for a few minutes.
2. Add the rice, stock, wine, herbs, soy sauce, lemon juice & a sprinkle of pepper to the pan and boil for 35-40 minutes until the rice is cooked through- keep an eye on the pan to make sure it does not boil dry.
3. 5 minutes before the rice is done, add the mushrooms to the pan.
4. Meanwhile melt the remaining butter in another pan and season with salt & pepper. Add the pine nuts and sprouts to the pan to brown up for a few minutes, then remove from the heat.
5. Remove the rice from the heat and leave to cool for 2 minutes before stirring in the ricotta.
6. Serve up the risotto with the sprouts on top and enjoy! Cassidy xx