This lasagne has lentils, kale, baby courgettes and three types of cheese, with the high amounts of cheese, it's not something you can eat everyday but it's super tasty and great as a treat! This recipe makes 6 servings and takes 45 minutes to cook :)
18 lasange sheets, uncooked.
1 carton passata
1 cup water
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 cup uncooked green lentils, rinsed
4 baby courgettes, sliced
2 cups kale, chopped
1 tub ricotta
1/2 ball mozzarella
2 cups grated cheddar
3 tbsp mixed herbs
Salt and pepper, to taste
1.Preheat the oven to 180°C and boil the lentils for 25-30 mins, then drain and rinse.
2. Meanwhile in a large bowl mix together the passata, puree, herbs, salt, pepper and water.
3. In another bowl mix the ricotta, half the mozzarella, courgettes and kale.
4. Add the lentils to the tomato mix and pour a thin layer on the bottom of the baking dish and place the pasta sheets over the sauce.
5. Add another layer of the tomato sauce and top with some ricotta, then another layer of pasta, repeat until all the ingredients have been used.
6. Top with the grated cheddar, the rest of the mozzarella and sprinkle some pepper over the top and bake for 45 minutes until golden and crispy.
7. Serve up and enjoy! Cassidy xx