Yesterday I found myself really quite stressed and because of this very restless, I had a feeling that I just needed to run (away from my problems?) so I went round the lake near my house, although quite cold it was a beautiful day and made me feel so much better. You have to find an outlet for things that stress you out, my outlet's are a combination of exercise producing an adrenaline rush and also cooking which allows me to be creative. I felt so much better after my run yesterday (paired with really loud music) and it's such an important thing not to let emotions build up inside you until you can't take them anymore, but to find a release and to use it. Last nights dinner was Chinese rice with crispy tofu, this dish is super healthy but really captured the authentic feeling of Chinese cuisine, making it perfect for a Saturday night. Best of all this recipe has no oil or fat added and is completely vegan! :)
200g wholegrain rice
1 block tofu, drained and pressed
2 tbsp 5 spice
1 tbsp coriander
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 pack Asparagus tips
1 pack Samphire, rinsed
1/2 cup Soy beans
1/2 cup Sweetcorn
1. Boil the rice for 25-30 mins.
2. Meanwhile, very roughly chop the tofu into small pieces and coat with the herbs, spices, salt & pepper and place in the oven on a grease proof baking sheet at 200'C for 15 minutes.
3. Next, grill the tofu under a medium heat until crispy, mixing the tofu around every few minutes.
4. A few minutes before the rice is done add in the veg and then drain, season the rice with soy sauce and lemon juice.
5. Serve up the rice & sprinkle the tofu on top and enjoy! Cassidy xx