If you look on Instagram and Pinterest lately all you seem to see is cauliflower crust pizzas, so I thought it's about time I tried one! Although quite time consuming (takes around 45-50 minutes) it's well worth it, this was absolutely delicious and my mum is already asking when I'm next making it! This recipe makes 2 servings.
2 cups grated cauliflower (about 2/3 large cauliflower)
1 large egg
3/4 cup grated mature cheddar (or any other cheese)
2 tbsp chopped parsley
Salt & pepper (to taste)
20 baby plum tomatoes, chopped in half
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 handful fresh basil and oregano, roughly chopped
2 mushrooms, sliced
1/4 courgette sliced
A few basil leaves to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220'C
- Add the tomatoes, basil & oregano, garlic and a touch of salt & pepper to a non-stick pan on a low heat and leave to reduce, stirring every 5 minutes (can use a fork with a garlic clove on to stir).
- Steam the cauliflower for 15 minutes then place in the freezer for 5 minutes to cool.
- Add the cauliflower, egg, parsley, 1/2 cup cheese and salt & pepper to a bowl and stir together, spread out onto a baking tray coated with grease-proof paper, making sure there are no gaps in the mixture and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Spread out the tomato sauce onto the base, add the veg, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with fresh basil, serve up and enjoy! Cassidy xx