Mushrooms are probably one of my favourite vegetables and this recipe really makes the most out of them, its creamy, tasty and best of all vegan! I am trying to eat as much vegan food as possible lately, and now that all the dairy in our house has been used up I'm only going to eat dairy-free products and occasionally some free range eggs - mostly when recipes call for them. This recipe serves 2 and takes around 30 minutes.
150g wholegrain rice
250g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
150g medium flat mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup peas
4 large cloves unpeeled garlic
3 tbsp chopped rosemary
1L veggie stock
3 tbsp plain soy yogurt
Salt & pepper
1. Roast the garlic on a baking tray in a 230'C oven for 20 minutes.
2. Add the rice, rosemary and half the stock to a pan and simmer for 20 minutes, add more stock as needed stirring every few minutes.
3. After 20 minutes, remove the garlic from the oven, remove the skin, chop and add to the rice, along with the mushrooms and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes.
4. Add the peas to the pan, stir through and remove from the heat, then stir in the yogurt and season with salt & pepper.
5. Serve up and enjoy! Cassidy xx