These veggie burgers are really easy to make and have an amazing taste to them. If you can, make sure you include the balsamic vinegar as it enhances the flavour of the beetroot and brings it all together, not the same without it! This recipe makes about 6 burgers.
- 3 Beetroots, finely grated
- 100g chickpeas, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Oil, for frying
- Crispy rolls/ bread
- Spinach, watercress and rocket leaves
- Halloumi, sliced
- Add the grated beetroot and chickpeas to a food processor and pulse until mixed together, your choice on how smooth you like it.
- Add the mixture to a bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients, if it is not binding together with the eggs then add a splash of olive oil.
- Shape and fry the burgers, the longer you leave them the more crisp they'll be.
- Grill the halloumi slices in a pan or sandwich grill for 5 mins.
- Serve up the burgers in a warm bun with mayonnaise, salad and the grilled halloumi.
- Enjoy! Cassidy xx