Time: 10-15 mins
This next recipe is absolutely delicious and I promise you that you'll be craving it long after you've finished eating. This is a caramelized onion and zucchini pizza on a garlic naan base, served up with some fresh rocket and crushed cashew nuts, its so simple to make yet so rich and tasty! And trust me when I say it's easy to make; I went out on Friday night with my housemate and some of his friends from home & I was able to make another pizza from scratch at 3am when we got in and I was hungry!
- Frying pan
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- 1 Garlic naan bread
- 3 Small red onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Zucchini, thinly sliced (courgette)
- 1 Handful cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 Large handful rocket leaves
- Fry off the onions in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and 2 tsp sugar for 5+ minutes until caramelized.
- Push the onions over to one side of the pan and put the naan in face down for a few seconds, allowing it to absorb the oil/balsamic liquid left in the pan, then remove the naan and place it on a baking tray, spreading out the onions on top.
- Fry the zucchini in the pan for 1 minute and then place the slices on top of the pizza, sprinkle with the cashew nuts and grill for 3 minutes on a medium heat.
- Serve up with rocket leaves and enjoy! Cassidy xx