My second year of university is completed, I signed for my very first flat the other day and I'm up to date on everything on my to-do list. I had a great day yesterday with the girls, we went to watch the movie "Me Before You" and then ate our feelings away with pizza and dough balls; anyway, I'm *almost* feeling refreshed after all the stress over the past few months and am ready for the next chapter of my life. Over the next month I have my university placement, work as usual, my birthday, a holiday and then I'm moving...so I've got a really busy time coming up but I am really looking forward to it all!
This next recipe is for vegan greek style wraps, filled with homemade vegan feta, vine ripened tomatoes, cucumber, black olives and a lemon- tahini dressing. They're the perfect summer lunch food, bursting with flavour and different textures and perfect for taking to the beach, as I did earlier!
The process can take a little while to make, but you'll have enough "feta" to make at least 4 large wraps and it will last a few days in the fridge too. And with this flavour, a little bit of time is more than worth it! The only "speciality" ingredient I used was yellow miso paste, it has a slightly sour tang to it that makes it great in 'cheese' dishes and I'd definitely recommend buying some, you only use a little at a time so it will last ages and makes a huge difference!
Click here for printer friendly version
Herby Vegan Feta Wraps | Serves: 4 | Time: 45 mins
- Food processor/blender
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Grease-proof paper
- 1/2 block firm tofu, drained
- 1 can butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp white/yellow miso paste
- drizzle olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 wholemeal tortilla wraps
- 2 large vine ripened tomatoes
- 1/3 cup black olives
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 bag rocket
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Add the tofu, beans, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, miso, olive oil and salt to the food processor/blender, blend until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times.
- Then stir in the oregano, parsley, basil and pepper and taste, add more salt or pepper if needed. Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray and arrange in a square shape, roughly 4x4". Smooth the square over and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the tahini, lemon and water to the blender and blitz until smooth and chop the veg up for the wraps.
- To arrange the wraps, smooth a spoonful of the tahini dressing onto the middle of the wrap, followed by a handful of rocket, the tomatoes, olives and cucumber. Then crumble up the feta onto the fillings and fold the wraps. Repeat with the rest, serve and enjoy!
|Pin this image|