Tofu is one of those foods that can be amazing but you need to prepare it right, starting with pressing the water out of it (instructions on the 'BBQ tofu' post) and trust me you don't want to skip this step! This tofu is packed with flavour and perfectly sticky after being baked in the oven, not to mention high in protein!
- 1 pack of tofu, drained, pressed and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp red chilli (I use the 'very lazy' chilli flakes)
- 75g wholegrain rice (per person)
- runner beans, chopped
- broccoli, in florrets
- soy sauce
- lemon juice
- Mix the mango chutney & the chilli together and coat the pressed tofu in the sauce. Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 200'c and bake for 20 minutes, turn the tofu over and bake for a further 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, boil the rice in salted water (1 tsp salt) for 30 minutes and drain.
- Add the broccoli and runner beans to a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Take the tofu out of the oven and serve everything up.
- Drizzle the soy sauce and lemon juice over the veg.
- Enjoy! Cassidy